Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unity

Status
Not open for further replies.

nixter80

Technical User
Dec 14, 2003
AU
Hi, I have two questions about unity.

This is on verson 3.1(6)

Firstly, is there any way so that when i dial in from an extension to check voicemail, make it so it does not ask for a password, it goes strait to the mailbox. However when remotly accessing the system it should as for a password.

Second. Can I make it so that when u press * when a users greating is playing, it askes the for their password to access their mailbox, and dosnt ask for their ID firstly.

Thanks

I have not tried this but here may be a way to have different mailboxes, one for inside and one for external and link them together using the alternate extension feature. Alter the calling number when called from the IP phone to VM.

I don't think there will any way to kludge your way through the second question since Unity will have no way of knowing what mailbox you want.

Good luck.

Thanks, I will give the first a go and see if it works.

With the second bit, i mean if the user rings their own extension and presses star, it lets them log strait into their own mailbox.

Thanks,

I still don't think it will work but maybe there is a way to fake Unity out when it gets a "*". Will do a little digging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back