Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unity - migrating from 4-digit to 7-digit

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvayaArmy

Technical User
Mar 1, 2004
AE
Hello, We have more than 4 unity installed on a cluster and our call manager has different number blocks from our service provider. At the moment we are following 4 digit extension plan in CCM and in Unity. Here is my problem...

---As we have different number blocks we end up allocating the same mailbox for 2 different subscribers from different number ranges, this creates confusion and frustration among the users. To be more detail, say I have two number ranges 630 XXXX and 744 XXXX. If two subscribers with the numbers 630 1234 and 744 1234, some time we end up creating mailbox 1234 in same unity for both subscribers. Like this we have several number ranges with small small blocks (eg: 631 21XX & 639 49XX) so it becomes very difficult to manage.

Any smart Gurus have some solutions for this.

One idea that I thought about is migrating the Unity mailboxes to 7 digits and in CCM translate the number from 4 digit to 7 digit when a subscriber presses messages button.

Cheers....

Forgot to mention the versions CCM3.3 & unity 4.....

Does Unity have partitions as in the same way as CCM, if so can you not configure more then then one VM option using the same DN but configure Unity so that

User a 1234 points to VM 4000 css 4000 a, which in turn poitn to VM Box 1234 partions b

User b 1234 points to VM 4000 b, which in turn points to VM Box 1234 partions b

wayne

I think you'll be better off migrating to 7 digits in the long run. You may be able to manipulate the Calling Party Mask in a Translation Pattern then have the Translation Pattern call Unity but that's pretty scary and only a band aid fix. If you're running 4 digits in CCM, how are you separating the calls to 630 XXXX and 744 XXXX? How many digits are you getting from the provider, 4 or 7?

Wayne67, no CSS or Partitions in Unity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back