Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unity Message Store Configuration Wizard

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuditSimon

IS-IT--Management
Apr 12, 2007
GB
I'm moving our installation of Unity 4.0(5) onto new hardware and am currently installing Unity before running DiRT to restore a backup from the original server.

We've got no record of the settings for things like the containers in AD to create new accounts etc, which you need to enter during the Message Store Configuration Wizard.

Is there any way to find out these Message Store Configuration settings from the original server, without running the wizard again and possibly altering currently working settings ? Or are the settings overwritten anyway as soon as I restore the DiRT data ?

Thanks

Go to Cisco Unity Tools Depot----> Reporting Tool---> double click Gather Unity System Info. You will be able to see all the configuration for Unity. Look for Environment Information, Partner Server. You can write the file to the harddrive and make copy. Hope this helps

Stay cool; it’s not over yet!

Thanks for this. I can see the Partner Server information, but I was specifically looking for entries such as the folder in AD used for Unity to store new location, users, groups etc, which I don't think is displayed in the GUSI tool.

We've got a very large AD folder structure, and as the installer hasn't used the defaults, it's difficult to try and spot where the accounts are going.

Go to Tool Depot and Run Permission Wizard, select Report on Current Permissions, select Include results for all setting. Follow the prompts, will see where unity is pointing to in AD, the message store and so on. After you finish the report you can get more detail info. Hope this helps

Stay cool; it’s not over yet!

Ah cool ! That's what I wanted !

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back