Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unity Failover Server 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerrellG

MIS
May 15, 2008
US
I am attempting to install a Unity Failover Server. I was told that the C drive partition on the failover had to be the exact same size as the partition of the primary server. I know this to be true if you want to fail from a 30 gigs to 12 gigs. But is that true in reverse. If my primary server has 12 gigs partitioned would it be a problem for my failover server to have 30 gigs partitioned? I thought more space on the failover wouldn't be a problem.

the two servers need to be the same set up. so when you define the partition spaces make the new one 12 to match the existing.
Why does the second server need to be 30 gigs anyway?

Well...one of our Server Techs. built the server and put the OS and all of the Microsoft updates prior to checking with us regarding the drives. So instead of wiping the server and starting over I wanted to check and see if it was possible to keep it as is and simply load my software.

It takes one hour to restore the OS. Not worth even trying the troubleshooting when you have issues. have the tech rebuilt it with the correct specs. Shame on him for not asking.
That's my advice at least. Take it for what it's worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back