Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unity - Disable 'Take message' announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dtravler

Technical User
Feb 12, 2006
NL
We want to redirect a call from an IPCC-script to Unity to allow the caller to leave a message. In the Prompt on the IPCC (or if needed in Unity) we have our own prompt in English and Dutch for the caller that he/she can leave a message.
The problem is that after our own announcement a kind 'Cisco Lady' tells the user about the possibilities when leaving a message. I can't get rid of this lady. We just want our own announcement (and beep).

For stability and client perspective it's probably best to prompt the message on the Unity box so we don't have a delay between the IPCC and Unity transfer.

I can't find my solution in the standard options in Unity.
We use CCM 4.2(3), Unity 4.0(4) SR!1 and IPCC Express Standard 4.0(4)

Any help or direction would be appreciated as we need to solve this issue very soon.

We are using the same solution, you just basically put a label(the number of your voicemail) on your script (assuming this is IPCCE), then you go to Unity and check "blank" under Greetings->Source. The user will then hear the prompt from your IVR and then get directly the "beep" to leave a message. Hope this helps.

I currently have a client who wants, I believe, exactly this. I am just not 100% sure to implement. They have a simple menu script, if not-urgent go to voicemail, if urgent ring extension. How does one write IPCC-Express script to go directly to the voicemail instead of ringing the extension??

(newbie developer)

The workaround was not good enough for us, so we are going to upgrade Unity next week to version 4.1.1. This version should have an option to disable the 'Cisco lady'.

The way tot transfer to voicemail is to make a Call Redirect.
- Call Redirect (contact --Triggering Contact--, extension: Unity)
- 'Unity' is a string variable with the value of you voicemails pilotpoint.

Make sure you have an extension in Unity with the same number as you IPCC pilot point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back