Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unity Design Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccnet101

IS-IT--Management
Nov 29, 2001
HK
If I have 4 Seperate locations for of Call Manager, such as a hub and spoke environment, each location, including the hub and spoke has there own pstn connectvity, there own PRI's. Question: could I have centralized VoiceMail in the Hub only for all the locations, I will have about 750 users total, could i have two servers, 7845, and utilize 72 ports x 2, meaning use 144 ports at the same time, plus have redudency using Unity Failover?

What kind/speed of links do you have between your locations? Are you planning on putting your two Unity servers in separate locations, and configuring them for failover? I know you said centralized, but that means different things to different people. What are you planning on using for your mailstore (Exchange or Domino)?

TMH

thanks for the response, actually i got the answer to my question...because we are in a need for than 72 ports, and thats the maximum that Cisco can support, we will put two unity servers, plus each with a failover server, however they will be talking to one exchange store, the only thing i have a question on is the digital networking, do you think i can send voicemails from server to another?, the reason i ask is because the unity server will have multiple call manager clusters on them, so i think i can put alternate extensions on them, what do you think?

When you say, "do you think i can send voicemails from server to another," I'm thinking you're asking if multiple clusters with multiple dial plans (overlapping dial patterns) can be used across your Unity servers (correct me if I'm wrong). For example, you have a CCM cluster with extensions 20XX-25XX, and another CCM cluster with extensions 25XX-3XXX. Any extension falling in the 25XX range would cause problems on Unity, networked or not, because you'd need two mailboxes with the same extension for two different employees, and that's just not possible; all extensions must be unique in a dialing domain.

What you can do - and this is one of many solutions, I'm sure others out there have thought of a different ways - is say, "For every subscriber who has extensions 25XX, no matter what CCM cluster they reside in, their Unity voicemail box will be in the range of 425XX." Then, on the CCM's where 25XX extensions reside, create a Voicemail Profile with a mask of 425XX and assign it to all your 25XX extensions. That's probably as clear as mud, but I hope it answers your question.

TMH

I misspoke in the last paragraph; I meant to say:

"For every subscriber who has extensions 25XX, on one cluster where I have overlapping extensions, their Unity voicemail box will be in the range of 425XX. In the other cluster, their mailboxes will reflect their true extension." Then, on the CCM's where 25XX extensions will be 425XX on Unity, create a Voicemail Profile with a mask of 425XX and assign it to those 25XX extensions. That's probably as clear as mud, but I hope it answers your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back