Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unity Default Greeting Plays during a phone conversation

Status
Not open for further replies.

sativato

Technical User
Mar 16, 2005
US
'i am having an increasing amount of complaints of IP phone users saying that callers to their IP phone from outside our network (PSTN)are hearing the Unity Connection default greeting prompting them to enter extension. This plays twice and then the call resumes. During this event, the IP phone users hear nothing and cannot talk to the outside caller. The IP user does not hear the voice mail prompt. It is almost like the call is partially transferred to voicemail.

Has anyone ever heard of this.

What version of unity? What phone system is it connected to and how?
What is the call flow of the calls in question? Transfer from unity AA or direct calls to the ip phone via DID?

Yes, My apologies. CUCM 8.6.2, CUC 8.6 SIP trunked to CUCM. Two separate CUC clusters, one CUCM mega cluster. This is happening across both CUC clusters. Multiple MGCP PRI gateways and SIP for inbound. The issues I have seen have been on the MCGP gateways since we are only now beginning to transistion to SIP. There is no pattern to this. The failures occur more frequently on WebEx conferences where the far end WebEx meeting server calls the IP phones. This is not the only failure though. Regular calls inbound from the PSTN to a single 79XX IP phone happpens as well, where the outside caller hears the unity connection system default "enter extension followed by #" message. It repeats and then the call is joined back to the two parties. During this event the internal IP phone user cannot hear the voicemail prompt or the person on the other end. I can find nothing about this in Google. I have an open TAC SR but it has been a few months of slowly increasing reports. We handle 500,000 calls per day on this system.

Thanks

This problem could be on the IVR (system callhandlers), I figure on the greetings settings. Did you make changes on the IVR? or suddenly this issue appears?

If this affects for only specific users, my best bet is that there should be a call handler messing with this.
Check that extension number configuration on CUC or a system handler affecting this.

Maybe the greeting for the user was messed, or a mis-configuration of a system call handler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back