Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unity Connection - Time of Day routing

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonedudeSr

IS-IT--Management
Oct 5, 2011
US
Does anyone have the steps to configure Time of Day routing using Unity Connection. I understand that this can be done using Call Handlers and CTI RP.

Could you provide a brief explanation of what you would like to accomplish?

The great use of life is to spend it for something that outlasts it. ~William James

I have a department that during normal working hours have a person answer incoming calls and after hours manually forward the calls to voicemail which has a voicemenu. They want to have this automated, so calls recieved after hours are automatically routed to voicemail, without manually forwarding.

Time of day routing in this case will be set up in call manager utilizing timed partitions. The feature is explained in detail in the administrator guide. It's fairly simple once you understand how it works.

TOD Routing can also be setup in unity by using a call handler or user voicemail and providing it with an active schedule. The transfer rules for open(standard) can be set to transfer to the extension of the person as opposed to when it is closed it can be set to transfer to the greeting. Basically you would setup a CTI route point and set the directory number that is attached to the CTI route point to forward all to voicemail. This transfers them to unity where the schedule can dictate where the phone call goes to. Hope this helps.

We use ChrisMass' method (using Unity Connection) - it's much simpler than doing time-of-day routing on the call manager.

Original MUG/NAMU Charter Member

Does Time of Day on CallManager not be a better solution to this one ? TOD processing will be done on CallManager, and only when voicemail is needed, the calls will go to unity.

I believe if you let unity do this processing, you would use one VoiceMail Port unnecessarily for all calls for that dept ( going to voicemail, or not )

Just a thought, because here, I have only 24 Voicemail ports, and I would not want the probability for more than 24 concurrent connections to unity to exist.

your thoughts plse.
Nitish

Edit: please disregard the previous

Does Time of Day on CallManager not be a better solution to this one ? TOD processing will be done on CallManager, and only when voicemail is needed, the calls will go to unity.

I believe if you let unity do this processing, you would use one VoiceMail Port per call unnecessarily for ALL CALLS for that dept ( going to voicemail, or not )

Just a thought, because here, I have only 24 Voicemail ports, and I would not want the probability for more than 24 concurrent connections to unity to exist.

your thoughts plse.
Nitish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back