Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unity Connection Directory Handler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virgil

IS-IT--Management
Feb 8, 2001
GB
We have CUCM8.5 and Unity Connection 8.5...

Set up a Directory Handler, enabled it for voice, set up a CTI Route Point to throw the calls at the Directory Handler. That all works fine, the nice lady answers and I interprets my Yorkshire accent fine, but then, for some users it tells me that person is unavailable and allows me toleave a message (which does deliver OK). Other users work fine, there seems to be no link to what location/CSS/partition the users phone is in because I'll have two users in the same location/CSS/partition - one works and the other doesn't.

I'm stuck, please help...

Have you confirmed the phones that are redircting to voice mail immediately are not in a call already, or some other state that will cause this, such as forwarded?

Yes, checked that, in fact one of the stations is a colleague on the next desk. Curiously, if I put a redirection on it (say, to a mobile) it follows the redirection! But will deliver to the phone when it is just sat there on hook...bizarre, eh?

The only other thing I can think of is to bring up the working phone and the none working phone side by side and do a line by line comparison, just to see if there are any programming differences.

Found the cure on the Cisco Forum, seems to be something that was a setting inherited from an older version. In the Unity Transfer settings the default (back in the day) was to transfer to greeting (bit bizarre, in my view!) rather than to ring at extension. The reason I had some that were set one way and some the other is that those users imported from my older versions of Unity used the transfer to greeting setting and new users that I'd created since the upgrade used the new had the ring at extension setting.
Link

After some Bulk Edits it's all working now... [smile]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back