Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unity Connection 10.x AA not transferring calls to voicemail boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 11, 2004
CA
For some reason, the system directory handler is no longer transferring calls in unity connection. The caller hears spell the first and last name. They do it, and the AA says "wait while I transfer your call" and then there is a delay and the caller is sent back to the auto attendant. I'm out of ideas, it worked when we went live and all of a sudden it no longer works. The AA was voice enabled and I unchecked it with no improvement.

Have you tried using port status monitoring tool to see what's occurring in the process?

Yes, nothing shows in the port monitor. However, I had someone transfer me to the auto attendant internally, so I'm thinking it has something to do with a partition not allowing the transfer.

If I call from outside and have someone physically transfer me to the auto attendant, the voice activated transfer works. If I test from inside, it works. It's when the call forward is activated on the main phone and an external caller calls, then unity does not transfer the call. There is a SIP trunk in between CUCM and CUC.
So outside caller-->inside user initiated transfer - OK
Inside caller calls main AA --> transfer - OK
Outside caller to forwarded phone --> transfer fails

A little closer

If someone does a physical transfer to the auto attendant and I speak the person's name, then the caller is sent to the extension, and if there is no answer, they end up in the mailbox.

If I call from outside and there is no answer, I'm sent to the AA, at which point I speak the person's name. I'm sent to their extension, but then the call is redirected back to the auto attendant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back