Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unity and active directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkirner

Technical User
May 20, 2009
US
I have run into a situation where some of my users, who I change extensions in Callmanager and delete them from Unity, will not be found via the active directory when trying to add them back into Unity. Only some users, not all. Does anyone know of a few things to check to correct this problem?

Thanks

permissions issue? run permissions wizzard for starters?
What version of Unity and Exchange?

CCM 4.1 and 2000 exchange. Do I need to config MLA for true?

your second post makes no sense. ccm has nothing to do with unity and exchange 2000. What is your unity version?
did you try permissions wizzard and verify that the unity permissions are where they need to be?

why delete them in Unity if your just changing extensions?
I have imported users using the "Import Existing Exchange User" and also adding them in active directory first will also work.

Hope this helps.

Yes,I am confused also. Most of my users work fine with changes in active directory. Only a handful do not work. maybe in trying to get it to work, I hosed the database. Shall I delete the user in Unity and wait for the AD to update?

you are talking about the AD that is on the Unity server?
What version of Unity are you using?

Hope this helps.

Unity Version 4.2(1.0). Not the AD on unity. I was speaking of the exchange server.

are the users you are having issues with in the same OU as the ones not having issues?
Have you run permissions wizard?

The users are all the same and I ran permissions wizard and had no problems. It appears Unity thinks these users with problems already have an assignment in Unity, but they do not.

I think the issue you are having is similar to one that i've encountered. Basically when going into Unity and adding somebody Unity returns nothing for that user as it believes it is already assigned in the system. Is that what you mean?

If so i've been able to fix the issue. There is a tool in the \commserver\utilities\remove subscriber properties folder called removesubscriberproperties.exe When you load this it will give you a view of your AD OU's and you can browse to where that user resides. If they have a location ID listed next to them but are not active in the system you can choose to remove the properties for that user. This will clear the ID and when you go to add them in Unity they should appear.

Be very careful as you can do some damage if you inadvertently delete the wrong users. You also must have rights on the exchange mailbox side for the app to work properly. I'm running Unity 4.0.5.

Hopefully that helps you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back