Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unity - Access Voice Mail External

Status
Not open for further replies.

msteeler

Technical User
Jan 29, 2003
US
Hello,

We have a site that when you dial your own number from the outside and enter * when your greeting starts to play it asks for your ID followed by #, but then says the system is unavailable. If I go to a users account and add their 4 digit extension to alternate extensions it then works.

I've check a few others sites (all different clusters) and they do not have anything under alternate extensions and users can dial their own number and access voice mail. What do I need to set so this cluster doesn't have to add their 4 digit extension under alternate extensions to each user? Thanks

CUCM 8.6
Unity 8.6

I would check the voice-mail profile in CM for starters. It might be adding it there.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice
TVOICE
CAPPS

It sounds like your user accounts are 7 digit cause if they were 4, then you wouldn't be able to put them in as Alternate Extensions. Try using Cisco's port status monitoring tool to see whats occurring as you start and encounter the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back