Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unique requirement on vector programming 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxtech1

Technical User
Jan 17, 2003
US
Hi all,
I need to program a vector, which will transfer 4th calls to a different VDN after 3 simultaneous calls landed on the same vector...

I have tried using go to statement: -
go to step _ if counted call to vdn ____ = ?
But its not working as such...

Need a loop counting mechanism in vector, so that after every 3 or 4th call to be transferred to different vdn....

I've had to do something similar but I ended up doing it in the Telco's network as part of their call plan. You can do call ratios in Vectors using counted calls, calls in progress, or even something using a vector step looking at skills, but these seem more flexible for triggering off overflow scenarios (eg when 1st 3 agents are busy go to x)

Hi,
Can you give some additional info on your system and what release?
Also need to see the entire vector to determine if something before that step is re-routing.

I have done this in the past but now I use variables.

Thanks Nitram
Not as such, just need to do a distrubution on incoming call through vector....i need to divert every 3rd or 4th call to a different vdn or vector ..will do all the remaining vector processig after overcoming this count hurdle...

First of all keep in mind that internal calls do not count towards the amount of "counted-calls". So when testing this step make sure an external call to your VDN.

Secondly, I am not sure if I understand you correctly but are you trying to reroute the 4th call when there are already 3 active VDN calls at that moment or are you trying to reroute caller 4, caller 8, caller 12, and so on, no matter what the amount of active calls in the VDN is at that moment?

If you are trying to do the first thing, counted-calls would be the way to go. I have done this several times and it works fine. If it's the second.... I have to go with pbxroomisquiet's suggestion: try your telco to do this distibution for you.

Thanks huffer,
ya im trying to reroute the 4,8th and so on, to a specific vector or vdn...i dont want to do any distibution on telco side....
Let see ,now days im busy with Avaya pdf specially for Vector programming.....Thanks again

maxtech1,

I think you are going to have difficulties doing this in vectoring alone. If you have a conversant you could so this quite easily - do you?

maxtech1,

also you can do this using cti. piece of cake, really.

Using CTI, can u give me some more related knowledge on implementation process....

maxtech1,

the easiest way is to get some existing cti software (such as contact center express) and use it with little modification. on the switch side, you can use vector with adjunct-route step, on the cti side there's a server software that listens to these route requests and answers accordingly. it may be just a basic script that increments some counter and issue route replies to different vdns. nothing difficult, really.
if you don't want to use cce, you may develop your cti application yourself, it's not that hard, especially using tsapi.

OK, so you would need CTI to do what you have in mind. CTI would come into play in the vector immediatley following incoming DNIS.
It doesn't look at vectors but counts the calls to the VDN.

We have Cisco ICM 5.0 and it's very powerful in taking control & directing calls.

Good luck.

I had a similar issue distributing calls between two attendants on different DCS'd systems. I ended up testing the last digit of the ANI against a VRT and sending the even digits to one attendant and odd digits to the other.

Sleazy, but it works.

...Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back