Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unique line ringing

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonesaz

Vendor
Dec 18, 2006
US
I have a doctor who wants one line to ring differently so his office knows its him when he's calling. I read some old threads and it doesn't look like unique line ringing is a feature. Is that true?

Yes, and you've been here/doing it long enough to know that surely...:)

"No problem monkey socks

Sigh... I knew it but just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing any secret trick or anything :)

there are trick, do you have a PRI or analog line? you can have it ring a button based on a short code or in a DID call a hunt group and ring all lines or have the HG page via over head or page phones place in a park then page the park line number. it is unlimited to get the same resolute.

ACIS, ACSS, IPO expert,
ACDS, ACSS, Enterprise

take a spare analog port, hang an external ringer onto it (one that rings different than the phones of course) and send the doctors calls to a group that includes the ringer.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

Give a tech a solution and he will be back tomorrow to ask you the next question, teach a tech how to read the manual and he will be able to solve the problems for a life time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back