Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unique Barcoded Coupons - Res 3700 5.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattjames03

IS-IT--Management
May 23, 2017
US
Hi folks! Hoping I can get some help here. We have Res 3700 5.5

We have a few scenarios that require this situation. I will give a brief rundown.

Say we want to send out 100 coupons to our most loyal guests and each of the coupons has a unique barcode that can only be scanned once (preventing copies) to provide a discount and mark it as "used" so we can track it. The second scenario would be Groupon. We would send Groupon 2000 unique barcode that could only be used once to give a discount as well and mark it as used. I know that there is no way to mark it as used on the Groupon side of things and it has to be done manually. We just are trying to have unique barcodes that Micros can read and mark as used.

I hope that was understandable. Thanks in advance!

This was also a dream of mine until I found SparkFly.

I dont think you will be able to do this with RES core product. It will need either an intricate SIM or third party solution. Sounds like RokStar has found that third party.

I'm pretty sure you can do this with the Oracle Hospitality 'Gift & Loyalty' bolt-on for the Oracle Hospitality 'Reporting & Analytics' online service.

Also formally known as iCare bolt-on for the MyMicros online service...

I'm not sure if it can create barcodes, but definitely a coupon with a unique code that can be used just once... and programmed to offer a one time discount.

If you're trying to do this at a single location it is fairly simplistic with an ISL script. If you're doing this at multiple location it obviously gets a lot more complicated. Are you a single location?

I am actually in the process of developing a product for micros that will accommodate this as well as a few other things. Should be completed within the next few weeks, not sure how soon you are looking to implement this.

Sorry for the delay. We are multiple locations.

microsGuy16, can you go into detail a bit more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back