Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Uniphi Connect/Websphere phonebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

gshadz37

Technical User
Mar 21, 2005
US
Hello all,

We just installed websphere last week, along w/Uniphi Connect 1.2.1 CM05. I'm looking for a way to create a universal phonebook that contains internal & external lists that all users will be able to see.

I cannot find any docs from Aspect on how to do this. The implementation guide has a vague description of how to import existing xml files from a previous version, but it doesn't help.

Adding new entires while logged into Uniphi doesn't work, because the lists can only be seen from my login.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Gary

We created a phone book for our Uniphi Connect agents on a network drive that everyone had access to. the entries all had to be manually entered into the phone book via Uniphi. once the phone book was complete, the internal/external phonebook files were protected and all uniphi agents given the location for mapping in Uniphi.
whenever global changes or additions were needed to the phone books, a system manager would make the changes. We have also created specific phone books for different groups of users and just have each group map themselves to their own phonebook. worked well for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back