Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Uniphi command and control 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

garfld513

Technical User
Aug 22, 2007
US
Hi,
Is anyone familiar with the aspect product called Uniphi command and control.it is being offered to the company i work for by aspect,and i would like to know if anyone has implemented it in a call center environment,as well as any real benefits it has.I would also like to know how it is being integrated with existing technology.I presently run on ASPECT CALL CENTER ACD,EWFM/RTA.For reporting we have a 3rd party software on top of schemas from the ACD.Agents use uniphi connect as their interface,with Audiolog as the recording service.

I would say it is mostly useful when you have multiple Aspect CallCenter ACD's that you are managing in addition to eWFM. The main purpose is to have a single spot to manage all the systems. The other note is that it can make eWFM aware of resource changes on the ACD. I would think in a small 1 ACD and 1 eWFM environment, it wouldn't be worth it. Especially since a) you have to be on 9.3 CallCenter or higher b) have to be on eWFM 7.1 or higher. For environments where you have many ACD's, etc I would think it would be worth it because you can modify an agent somewhere and it will get pushed to the other systems if needed. It also has adapters for other systems; but for a cost. You would not be getting any reporting benefits unless you buy the Unified Command and Control Director Producer 5.0 if you do not already have. So it comes down to are you having an issue managing the systems you have today? The only thing I see for you is making your eWFM aware of changes on the ACD side. Is that worth the cost? Investment on servers, etc?

Thanks for the insight,and quick response.When Aspect recommend these new products,all they try to do is move you away from time tested products,and as you know its never a smooth transition.My call center isnt large enough to advice for this kind of investment right now.But i am thinking of implementing VOIP though..which i think would be another thread.....

Yeah, VOIP would be a different thread. Once you say that, you may get swayed to go with Unified IP. Again though, is it worth the investment? Everything you know about CCT's, etc goes away with Unified IP. If you are going to go VOIP, stay on the callcenter ACD and run a hybrid (VOIP and ISDN). Just in case you have VOIP issues, you can still handle calls. The existing callcenter can handle VOIP though. I agree with staying with time tested products that are dependable and have proven themselves. I do not like to be the beta tester of a new product. It takes years to get all the little quirks worked out.

When you say a hybrid solution,i am assuming you mean implementing this via the IP card,and using IP phones.do you have any schematic i could look at?i saw a few on the aspect site, where VOIP is done via the Ipcard,though it seems more than one card is required.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back