Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

union query

Status
Not open for further replies.

phpatrick

Programmer
Jul 9, 2006
BE
I wonder I make one query out of two. I got an union query.
Ones you got this union query can you add new records to this ?

Why would you want to add rows to a query?

Ignorance of certain subjects is a great part of wisdom

Why not ? access foresee that you can add records along queries.

I looking for the next solution. I got one query with only the new records of today. But I like if the user did not close a record (he or she forgot to put a time in the previous days) that he show this records to. I try to fix this along the where condition.

Can you be a little more descriptive? Your question sounds intreguing...

So is your form bound to a union query? How is access supposed to tell which table to insert the records into?

Try this parameter if you want to get the last two days worth of rows to show up:

Code:
where [DateColumn] >= DateAdd('d', -1, date())

You can of course change the -1 to -7 if you want the last week's records, and so on. If you want to get really crazy, you could add a combo box allowing the user to select how many days back to make available.

Are you storing rows in a new table each day? I don't see why a union is necessary.

Good Luck,

Alex

Ignorance of certain subjects is a great part of wisdom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back