Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Uninstalling SysAudit & Sysinfo

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgswong

MIS
Nov 27, 2000
US
I installed 'sysinfo' and 'sysaudit' on my test server, but now I need the space back and want to uninstall both programs. The problem is that I can't find any uninstall instructions anywhere. Does anyone know how I can uninstall these two freeware programs? I think I got them from backupcentral.com or sunfreeware.com

Thanks.

- Stuart

Depends how they were installed .. If you simply unzipped and untarred a file.. Then just find and delete the related files / directories ..
If you had to do a pkgadd, then you'll need to search thru pkginfo until you find the packaged you don't want and do a pkgrm <package>
Never tried sysinfo but my version of sysaudit is just a tar'ed directory with a couple of files in

The installation was an untarred one with a setup routine, but I beleive the installation directory was my /usr/local/bin. So there are two problems:

1> Is this the only place files are stored?
2> Which files belong to sysinfo and which do not?

Any ideas?

Regards.

- Stuart

Okay, I checked again and the install directory appears to be /opt/sysinfo. There is a link though in the /usr/local/bin directory for sysinfo. If this is the only file in /usr relating to sysinfo then it's not my problem (not in /usr filesystem which needs more space).

My problem appears to be a few large files in /usr, for example host, dnsquery, addr, etc. Do you have any idea (grabbing at straws here) what installation puts such files in the /usr/local/bin directory?

Thanks.

- Stuart

Hi,

I have a same problem too. But it is use the pkgadd to install the firewall component. I don't know how to uninstall the component.

Can anyone help!

Cheer,

if you use pkgadd, use pkginfo to verify the name of the component, then just usr pkgrm <pkg name> to remove them.

Regards,

Carlos Almeida,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back