Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Uninstalling Crystal Ent

Status
Not open for further replies.

elaines

Technical User
Sep 28, 2002
NZ
I need to uninstall Crystal Enterprise, so that I can reinstall it. What I have now is half an uninstall, and am unable to back out or to complete it. Crystal Ent has been running very well for some months. I had loaded MS SP3 earlier this week.

The PC is standalone, WIN2000, with lots of space. Crystal Ent is needed for ACCPAC V5.0, with the Webserver enabled. I also have Crystal reports V7 installed.

Using the Control Panel, I attempt to remove Crystal Ent - it says "Please wait while Windows configures Crystal Ent - Gathering required information" Then says "Time remaining 31 seconds", and hangs. (Sometimes 38, or 44 seconds, or thereabouts). Almost as if it is timing out, but I don't know where or what.
Crystal services in Services are all stopped, and I have changed them to Manual, so they stay stopped. IIS will not let me stop it.

I had uninstalled Crystal V7, but have successfully reinstalled it.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on - and what I need to do to fix it???? Is uninstalling MS SP3 an idea - and what else do I need to know about that?

Here is a link to the Crystal Knowledge base article, "After using Add/Remove Programs, how can I be sure CE is completely uninstalled?"

Sounds like you may have an error in the installation or the install log that is preventing the uninstall. Your being unable to stop IIS sounds like a separate problem (likely unrelated to Crystal), but it there may be a common cause (insufficient permissions is a common culprit...I had all sorts of problems installing Crystal until I got an account with sufficient privelege...sometimes it is not enough just to be an Administrator if you have a complex permissions set up).

However, the article I linked to does provide a list of all the DLLs, directories, and registry entries, so you can remove them all manually. You can also remove the entry from the Add/Remove programs list manually via the registry, although that info is not included in the document I referenced...I'm sure you can find a registry reference online that would have that info.

-Tim

I am currently looking at uninstalling CE8.5 from a development server. I do not need to save anything just need it completly removed so I can install version 10. What is the best way of doing this?

Any clues

Thanks

Nipper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back