Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Uninstall ZfD4 and install ZfD6.5 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredjimw

IS-IT--Management
Oct 22, 2004
US
I'm trying to uninstall the old ZfD4 Desktop Mgmt. Agent on an XP machine in order to install the ZfD6.5 DMA. When I try to uninstall, I get the error msg. "Error Number: 0x80040707 Description: " and that's it--can't uninstall. I've searched Novell TIDS, even tried the "AutoIt" script (Cool Solutions: "Automatically uninstalling the original ZfD4 agent", posted 18 Jun 2003). Nothing so far has worked. Right now I don't want to reimage or reload due to some driver issues. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

same here
when you try the uninstall - stop the services first then try to remove but as brent says just slap it over the top is the norm

Thanks, Brent and Terry, for your replies.

I tried just slapping the ZfD 6.5 DMA right on top of the vers. 4---it seemed to install just fine, but now I can't log on--get "Error: A required network service has not started. Please check your error log for details." Hmmm...which error log, I wonder? Any other suggestions? Can't uninstall the ZfD6.5 DMA now when I go into Safe Mode (can't use Windows Installer in Safe Mode)...I think I'm about ready to reboot....no, I mean really REBOOT the computer!

I had the same problem. I had to delete the registry key installpath, which is under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\novell\zenworks

Then, I had to upgrade from 4.0 to 4.01. After doing that, I was able to uninstall 4.01 through Add/Remove programs in the control panel. Then I was able to install 6.5. I know it sounds like a hassle, but it was the only way I could get it upgraded without causing serious problems on the computer, i.e. unable to log in, computer wouldn't fully boot, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back