Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

uninstall problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

neopk

Technical User
Oct 17, 2003
IN
I am repackaging an application of PeopleSoft. Using the
installation takes place perfectly but it can not be uninstalled. The original setup also does not have any entries in the AddRemove Programs group.

If you have repackaged an application, I assume, you mean, you have created an msi.
Is it the msi, you cannot uninstall ?

yes I am not able to uninstall the application installed by the MSI.

Many of the PeopleSoft applications are showing the same behaviour.

Ok, so the msi comes from PeopleSoft, its not somethigng you've created ?

Look at the components. The properties for a component could be to leave it on uninstall.

What happens if you run the installation twice ? Will it install normally the second time aswell ?

I have created the MSI. The original setup does not make any entries in the AddRemove programs.

The installation takes place properly. While uninstalling the uninstallation goes on proprly but after the InstallFinilize action it starts Roll back action.

I saw the log file. the InstallFinilize action is returing 6. I think it should return 1.

thanx

A return value of 6 means:

"A handle is in an invalid state." or ERROR_INVALID_HANDLE_STATE

Are there any scripts running in the install phase? If there are, check their processing options (on the scripts properties tab), if it is only set to synchonous then you may get this error, try setting it to snych, ignore exit codes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back