Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Uninstall ICS on Windows 2000P

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimXray

Technical User
Dec 1, 2001
CA
I am trying to install a VPN Client. The install will not complete because an error message somes up and states that it is not compatible with W2KP ICS and that ICS should be uninstalled. At one time I did use ICS but I no longer do. I have a router now. How do I uninstall ICS? I see no evidence that it is installed. I did disable the ICS service to no avail.

I think the installer is complaining about NAT in general. Call the VPN client manufacturer.

Thanks for the quick response bcastner. I will try to find out today if that is the issue.

I've checked with others who use the same setup as mine and they have had no problems. In other words NAT does not seem to be the issue.

In your control panel, double-click the "Add/Remove Programs" icon. Select the "Windows Setup" tab. Double click "Internet Options", and unselect the Internet Connection Sharing box. Click OK and OK again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back