Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Uninstall and Install Office 2000 Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

abba11

Technical User
Jul 11, 2001
CA
Several months ago I tried to uninstall Office 2000 running in Windows 98SE because I could not attach files to Outlook. Somehow the uninstall was incomplete and when I tried to reload I get the error message "This patch package could not be opened" and hence the install is aborted.

I found Microsoft Knowledge base Article 295823 and installed the Windows Installer Cleanup utility msicu.exe. No joy. Neither Outlook, nor Word, nor Excel appears.

The really weird thing is that I can "open" each of these programs and get the first screen in each and then a message appears "The Application Must be Installed to Run" and then it closes the program. Catch 22!

Can anyone please help me out of this mess?

John

You probably already did this but....did you delete the office folder from the C drive? I don't know if that would help much anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back