Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Uniform dialing plan – how to set local extension ranges

Status
Not open for further replies.

CableMonkey

Technical User
Sep 26, 2002
US
How I would program in my switch (S8700 CM2.0) which extension ranges are local. Do I change the Uniform Dial-Plan? With UDP you would simply “change UDP” and indicate what ranges are local.

The reason I ask is because when I enter the command “duplicate station xxxx start xxxx count x” the system doesn’t search for valid local extensions, it just opens a duplicate station screen and I assume it is excepting me to input the extensions that I want to add. I need the system to search the local extension ranges for me.

It wont specifically reference "local udp" ranges in any type of search. If your range is 4000-4999, type "duplicate station 1234 count 10 start 4000 board 1c10" This will populate the dup station screen with the next 10 available stations at or greater than ext 4000 and will insert available ports begining on board 1c10.

-CL

Thanks lopes1211. I just tried that and I got an error message: “port and type inconsistent”. By the way, I forgot to mention that these are IP hard phones so I don't think I can specify the board location.

I get the same error message when I duplicate an IP hard phone with the “board x” command: “Type and port inconsistent”. If I completely leave off the “board” portion of the command (e.g. dup station xxxx count 15 start 4000) it does what I described before, it doesn’t automatically find the extensions and the extension field is left blank.

I got it working. I had to add my local extension ranges to the uniform dial plan. I didn’t add or remove any digits and I set the “Net” field is set to “Ext”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back