Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unified verses regular VM Keycode

Status
Not open for further replies.

StephenWyker

Technical User
Jun 30, 2005
US
I have a 32 seat license of Silver ... I need a bunch more voicemail boxes- Can I just add VM seats?

They don't need to be accessable from Unified Messenger ...

Can I do this? If so, How would I notate which mailboxes got unified verses not.

You can just add voice mail seats for whomever needs a voice mailbox. Voice mail seats and Unified Messaging Clients are 2 seperate things.

So unified messaging clients are just the physical installs of the client or concurent connections?

So how do you identify in the BCM whether or not its a UM box or regular VM Box?

Unified messaging is the intergration part of call pilot between the voice mail box and outlook or a mail client.

VM seats are the actual subscriber mail boxes on the call pilot. If you try to add a mailbox in the call pilot it will tell you how many subscriber mail boxes you have left.

Marshall

I understand what UM is ... just not how call pilot distiguishes between a UM seat and a VM seat. How is the call pilot going to stop me from using a VM seat as a UM license?

They are 2 different things you need a VM seat to access your Voice mail and a unified messaging seat if you want to access your voice mail via the PC. You can not use a UM seat as a VM seat. For every VM seat if you want to pick up via email you will need a UM seat.

Marshall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back