Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unified software on Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

skQCC

Technical User
Jun 30, 2005
US
Has anyone had any issues installing the Unified software on a Vista machine? Also will the TVA software work?

All our laptops and desktops here have XP pro. I have a customer that wants to buy a laptop so they will be able to make programming changes and you can't find a new laptop with XP.

Thanks in advance.

no and yes and who cares about the customers laptop
you can't load the dealer software there anayway it's a breach of your contract to do so if you have one!!

It is a breach in contract to install programming software on a customers laptop so I will be able to remote in to do programming and to give them the ability to change names?

Is panasonic really Japanese company or are they German?

yep breach to load software ,remote? thats what the modem and lan cards are for change names thats what the dealer is for.or the can use ** access and do it through the keypad.

Well for me its not different then selling a customer a KX-T7601 then having to install the programming tool and blocking out the INSTALLER part of programming. If it was a breach in contract then why are there multi levels of the programming tool if only vendors can use it?

I hope panasonic doesn't hate me for trying to make my service deptartment run smoother.

Tech support told me I COULD load the software on the customers machine so they could do USER programing. I just need to set the password levels properly so they don't have access to main system programing.

Otherwise why did they put USER and ADMIN programing into the tool?

The TDE allows you to change ALL the programing functions so you can give your clients access to the features they need to program.

WHY DON'T YOU LEAVE THE BOOKS AND YOU TOOLS BEHIND TOO!

cwc3 are you always so angry? :)

Wow! I'm not happy that Panasonic only gave us this tool and expects us to use it for user progaming as well. But a lot of customers now expect to be able to do minor programing changes on their own. I wish Pansonic gave us a different piece of software for this but they don't. And some customers refuse to learn to change stuff with the telephone set and want to use a computer just like I did when I set the system up.

no I just get an attitude ..been around for 30 years now and loose control on.books software and docs has ruined our trade and now computer weenies want to be to do our job and most of them are brainless and come here asking convoluted questions bucause they don't have the proper training and or don't want to read the books like real vendors do!!

If you had just installed it on a spare computer, set it in front of the phone system and not bitched about it in a public forum, would you not have a problem?

We call it a "remote maintenance" machine with logmein.com and USB ports to the PBX and USB or network connections to the Voice Mail system. If the customer gets into the ADMIN section of the box, he can do whatever he wants.

If the SD card becomes unreadable, then his restore point is the copy I have on file.

LkEErie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back