Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unified Messaging

Status
Not open for further replies.

odellcomm

IS-IT--Management
Jul 26, 2005
US
I have an issue with unified messaging since the 9th of this month. Foe some reason it flipped out, and the Unified application would crash(I could see it in the logs and on screen). I reinstalled the app and it runs fine, but when I try to add the email server, it will not add(says its unavalible). Any Ideas? The log from the unified application program folders says it can not connect to the information store, and I have checked the appropriate permissions/passwords/usernames.

This problem might get a faster response if it is posted in one of the other Avaya forums geared towards that system.

Check out the choices in the Phone Systems menu and re-post. [smile]

Isn't it possible he is using Partner Messaging R6? Capable of unified messaging....

RSNNV, what model phone system are you using? What type of email server is this?

That's true [purpleface]. I probably jumped the gun on this one. [purpleface]

Sorry, I should have been more clear on the equipment -

Switch -
Partner ACS 7.0
Partner Messaging 7.0

Server -
Windows 2003 SBS Server w\Exchange 2003

I know that AVAYA does not support 2003 Server for the Unified App, or any Server at all for the Admin GUI - But this worked for about nine months until the ninth of this month. Microsoft sent out an update on the Ninth and the Thirteenth, So I am going to roll those back to see if there is no aval. I am able to sucessfully get the app to run on the server, but I can not add the the Exchange server under the Parameters of the GUI. I was however successful entering a SMTP server and getting it to work.

I also began experiencing a similar problem with UMA on Server 3002 around the same time. Avaya released a note (I'll post the details later) outlining several Microsoft "fixes" and their effects on Avaya software products. Avaya UMA was listed, but the note was not clear which "fix" may be responsible for taking down the application, os which workaround(s) should be applied. I'm reluctant to try the shotgun approach, applying multiple workarounds in the hopes of getting UMA to work again, but I do NEED UMA to work again.

Has anyone else figured out what steps need to be taken to restore UMA functionality?

Env. (previously worked flawlessly):

Partner R7
Partner Messaging R7
Windows Server 2003
Microsoft Exchange
Avaya Unified Messaging v???

Thaks,
klg1

I just uninstalled the admin software and the UM application. I also deleted the program files folder, then did a complete reboot. After that I went and did a complete reinstall and it seemed to come back alive since this issue (Knock on wood). Avaya tech support is not really any help on this as they state "This app is not supported on 2003 server".

Another work around is to put it on a workstation and have it run from there.

I know you may have uninstalled and reinstalled just like I have done previous to it working - But it took a complete uninstall/reboot/install to get it going. I would also recommend stopping the service on the server before uninstalling.

I got this working on exchange, but not via SMTP. Problem is the exchange server is not set up totally, it was for internal usage only, I believe for contacts integration, so it does not actually send out EM off the LAN, only within the LAN to outlook clients set up in house.

does the sending EM user name in the UMA have to match the 2003 user name? ISP says my SMTP messages are not hitting their EM server according to their logs. They tell me port 25 must go to their SMTP even though the EM server is a third party providing it. This is causing such a headache.

I assume since I have it sending via exchange locally, all the set up is correct on the 2003 server for the UMA SMTP parameters. This is my first attempt at UMA from Avaya, PArtner or magix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back