Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unified messaging on call pilot 150

Status
Not open for further replies.

OCCOMM

Vendor
Oct 10, 2007
US
Installed call pilot 150 on Modular ics all new last 2 weeks purchased. Can you only send the waive file that records the message or is there a text to speech option. The email with the waive file ends up in the intended box users email and works , however, it does not go out so that we can get it on gmail. The customer wants to send the message (with waive or txt to speech) to numorous extensions

Adding a little more info.

Users are able to check their voice mails via Outlook2007. However, users are unable to create rules to forward the voice mail/email from their Outlook2007 to another user or to a email group. The rules seem to be processed, we can see a message moved to the outbox and then sent. The only problem is when messages are sent via rules they are never recieved by the other email addresses.

We are trying to setup a tech support box that will email several users when a tech support voice mail has been left in designated voice mail box. Right now only one user can recieve the unified message notification unless we manually forward the email to the email/group. Manually forwarding is not a valid option at this point. We need the voice/email to go to the entire tech support group. This includes forwarding to other Outlook2007, gmail and hotmail accounts for tech support staff that may be out of the office or for weekend support.

I am curious if Networking needs to be enabled on the Call Pilot. I am unsure if obtaining the activation code for networking will benefit us at all. If I can set the Call Pilot to do the forwarding then I think it will work. :/

Call Pilot 150 96 mailbox w/24 unified messaging
Nortel MICS XC 7.1 PRI enabled
4 0X16
1 12X0
2 ASM
1 Combo Fiber
1 Fiber

Thanks in advance

Sounds like you have an issue with 2007 not forwarding.

Does the file/email work if manualy forwarded without the rule?

If so have I.T. check out the rule problem.

Next is who ever gets the mail will need desktop assistant to listen to the message I would think.

I have not tested but just posting thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back