Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unified Messaging Application 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

propaniac

IS-IT--Management
May 2, 2012
US
I run the unified messaging app and it was working fine until recently when it stopped sending vm to e-mails. Our e-mail server was changed but nothing else changed. I checked the log files and it says they are being sent, but i am not getting them? I remember this happened before and I would just restart the the services and it would fix itself, but i have tried this many times with no luck... any help would be great.. thanks

Is the new server on-site or a hosted server? If it's hosted, I doubt you'll get it to work. If it is still on-site, I would take the UMS software off and then reload the UMS software so that it finds the new server correctly.

it is a hosted server... i think i am going to purchase exchange and do it in house in the next few months though. Will try to unload and reload and see what happens. thanks

Tried to reload the UMS software and that did nothing.

Ok.. but it worked for 5 years? Just having trouble explaining that to the boss when it worked that way for so long and he relied on that feature for this long. Would the DNS server be the internal ip of the box running the UMS software, or should i try to make it the ip of the hosted email server? Just thought i could try something else. thanks

I also remember it would show the status of what was happening on the status bar on the bottom, and it does not do that anymore. For instance when i was leaving a message on a ext it would say it was trying to send the VM to e-mail.

Actually it had to do with some of the settings in the Easymail SMTP express settings... it is not connecting to the e-mail server. It had something to do with the fixed routing settings..thanks for any help

yup.. at least it was until they moved to another server and changed the IP address...

I know Avaya's official stance is it isn't supported with a hosted server. I have personally tried with two separate clients to get it to work with no luck. Both started with on-site servers and went to hosted solutions. Logically, I thought I could get it to work, but never had luck with either site. I tried changing the DNS to the outside box with no success. If you had it working though, maybe it is something with port blocking on the new hosted server versus the old hosted server.

That was one of my thoughts... i have been messing iwth it on and off for a couple of days and did receive 2 out of like 20 that i sent. It was really random... are there any other programs that would work with the Partner R7 to send them to e-mails?

If we get MS Exchange server and start doing our e-mail in house, would it work then? That has been on my to do list for a while now...

Because it is a discontinued product, I don't think it is technically supported after Exchange 2000. I've never had the opportunity to try with any of the newer versions. Maybe someone else can verify if they have gotten it working on newer Exchange servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back