Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unified Messaging Application V1.0 Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhazer

Programmer
Oct 20, 2006
I'm having some difficulty installing the Unified Messaging Application (version 1.0.5 which is the latest that I can download). My hardware is Partner ACS R7.0 and Partner Messaging R7 with a 6-port card.

I'm trying to install the application on a Windows xp Home computer with all update applied and hardware:(2GB ram, 3 ghz processor, 200 GB hard drive, more than enought for the min. hardware requrirments).

I noticed a guide on this forum ( )for installing the unified messaging application with Exchange server, the post was back in '04, but I'm not trying to use Exchange Server. That was about all that I noticed. A google search on the error message came up with nothing relevant.

I was hoping to install the application with just the SMTP method, but I'm having a problem installing the application.

This first attachment is a jpg image of the the blanks that I have to fill in before the installation will continue towards completion -->( I've listed the readme file information about the blanks
ReadMe-File said:
During installation, you will need to suppy the following information
as part of the installation procedure:

a) The Domain Name of your Windows network on which Unified Messaging Application
and Microsoft Exchange are running.

b) The name of privileged account and its password

Note: In SMTP forwarding configuration, the Domain Name can be the name
of the machine running Unified Messaging Application.

What I've filled into the blanks are localhost for domain (that could be a problem because an SMTP server isn't setup on the local machine), the current username, and the password.

I get an error saying that I need to reinstall with the correct account information use this link to see it ---->(
Has anyone been able to overcome this error.

maybe I should start with a more simple question:

Has anyone been able to successfully install the Unified messaging application?

Yep installed a few of them - They work fairly well....

Chris Odell
Sorter - Email Room

Not sure if this applies to your problem, but this has come before me too. Can this application be used if you don't have in-house email. For example, if you have outside email with verizon, aol, etc? If so, how would you populate those three field in the UMS setup screen?

Thanks

Mike

About 95% sure your OS is not supported for this app.

I have installed unified messaging on Windows 2003 Server, Windows XP Professional, and Windows 2000 Professional computers. I suspect that it won't install on Windows XP Home computers, but I am not sure. I have also tried installing it on a Windows Vista Home computer without luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back