Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unified Communicator Advanced softphone can't dial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brookster36

Technical User
May 29, 2007
AU
Hi my fellow Mitel users,
I'm having a problem with the softphone(UCA 2.0) where it appears to install and run ok but I can't dial anything or receive calls. I enter a number and press dial, nothing happens. I can message and see presence. Deskphone application works. joined to mxe server R9. set up as "app Server Port". Does it have to be a USB headset? I just have the plug in sort. Any ideas???
Thanks,
Brooke :)

With YA you programmed the device as a YAPRO device not an app port. I presum its the same with UC.

Thanks

Kenny

Sorry Kenny:

From the Course said:
The device type for the UCA Softphone on the 3300 ICP must be App Server Port.

Brookster:what have you tried?
Have you turned off your windows firewall? for e.g.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

Firewall would be No.1 culprite or reboot UC server.
What platform is it installed on? (server)
Does it co-reside with other apps? (server)

Knowledge is power, thats why we share!

I tried changing them to YA pro previously..no luck. It is on 2003 server with no other apps, as per specs. I have sent the "ports" that need to be open to their IT company but I suppose i cant be sure it's been done

Ensure Mitai is enabled in the Class of Service for the softphone..HCI/CTI Call Control and Call Monitor.
Is this a "new install"? IE- You never had YA previously?

Do you even have softphone licenses? Some vendors assume it just comes with them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back