Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unified Communications Module for recording calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

smartguy7

Technical User
Dec 18, 2011
NG
We have a client that want to use UCM module and purchase VM pro license to record calls instead of using CSCM.Please i need your advice if this is possible and the best way to go about it .

You can still record calls, it will mean the recordings end up in the users mail boxes.

How busy will this place be?

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

Thanks for the response , will it be possible to setup voicemail to email using the UCM?.I also want to know if it will be possible to achieve the voice mail messages on an external storage device because i feel the user mailbox will get full on time.

You need to resolve which of the features being provided by ContactStore you want and don't want. ContactStore is providing a searchable database of recording details and long term bulk storage including automatic archiving to DVD.

Using Voicemail Email is an option for getting the files off the voicemail server but that's about all, unless you keep them all in an email account so you can search/sort the emails. However remember that at 1MB per minute, recordings can get large and many email systems will reject large attachments by default unless you reconfigure them.

Contact store/uc110 can be configured to work together but it would be very strongly discouraged.

In fact I find that anyone who has a true need for call recording & contact store is usually better advised to invest in an external line-side recorder, but that is just my personal opinion.

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back