Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unicenter TND 3.0 Trap Definitions (trpcntrl)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirWalley

Technical User
Oct 18, 2001
US
All,

I am working with Unicenter TND 3.0. For Enterprise Management, there is an SQL Database with a bunch of trap deinitions already defined. These definitions are controlled thgough the "trpcntrl" command.

I am trying to use this command to load some new trap definitions into the DB. Unfortunately, it appears that this command will not accept a standard flat text MIB file. In the %CAPROG%\TND\DB directory there are two files (catrpd.mib and catrpd.trp) in this directory. These file appear to have been mib files ore something at one time, but they have now been compiled in some way. It looks to me like I have to do something else to these MIB files before I can use the trpcntrl command to add new trap definitions to the DB. Does anyone know what I have to do to make this work? Support has not been very helpful so far.

A while ago we tested loading additional standard cisco mibs into tng for isdn. However we found that you had to reorginise the mib files as ca mib files have a slightly different format, maybe this has something to do with your problem.

First load the MIB files using ldmib command and then try the same.
hope this helps. Rahul Arora [hourglass]
----------------------------------
We have not come into the world to be a number; we have been created for a purpose, for great things: To love and be loved.
----------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back