Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unicenter Management Portal Technical Doc

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbanke

Technical User
Nov 15, 2001
US
Does anyone know if CA has a technical document on the Management Portal? If so, can you post the link?

Many thanks!

This all depends which version of the UMP you're using. If you have version 1.0, shipped with NSM 3.0 GA, this is just a cut-down of Cleverpath and was given away free as it was full of holes. The only support for this is an FAQ page accessible from the NSM page on It's really difficult to get info on this product without opening help desk calls on StarTCC. It took me a week (two years ago) to discover that to send meessages from EM I needed the "tndportalwto" command.
Version 2.x is closer to CleverPath, so there is more support. This is now chargeable (about $1000), but at least ships with documentation and there are more resources from the IM section on the CA web site.

Best of lucK.

Dom

Dom,

Thanks. That's the conclusion I've been coming to myself. I did manage to grab the CleverPath Portal Getting Started Guide, but that's it. We're on UC release 3.0 GenLevel 0211. I'm trying to understand if it's possible to extend the portal to prvide portlets for things like Performance Manager etc.

Kind regards,

Gary <><

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back