Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unexpected MS-DOS application minimize

Status
Not open for further replies.

john1975

Technical User
May 28, 2004
GR
Hi, I have a PC with Windows XP Home edition installed. I have an MS-DOS application that runs in full screen mode. If I run the application, work on it and leave the application running on the PC but I don't work on it, after some time (not firmly, in 5mins, other time in 15mins, other time in 6mins, etc) it minimizes unexpectedly. The application was working with no problem on the PC for about a year now. I have changed the DDR chip: The same problem. I have seen the properties of the executable file: Everything OK. I have searched for a virus/spyware:Nothing found. I have tried the application on other PCs with the same operatng system and it works. I have formatted the hard disk, reinstalled XP and restored the application from the backup before format: The same problem. Can you please help me?

Thank you.

Just a precision : does the dos application "srinks" only when there is no activity on the PC or no activity on itself ? I ask that because if it shrinks when NOTHING IS DONE on the station, it can be due to the screen saver that starts and after that, the "old" dos video manager can't repaint ...

Water is not bad as long as it remains outside human body ;-)

This is happening when nothing is done on the station. But I also have disabled screen saver.

You disabled screensaver but what about energy saver ?

Water is not bad as long as it remains outside human body ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back