Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unexpected error number 380 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

desprits

Programmer
Feb 14, 2004
CA
When I try to make an install program of my visual basic code .. this error appear : Unexpected error number 380 has occurred: Invalid property value.

Why !

Use SuperPimp:
or Inno
instead.

[blue]"Well, once again my friend, we find that science is a two headed beast. One head is nice, it gives us aspirin and other modern conveniences,...but the other head of science is BAD! Oh, beware the other head of science, Arthur; it bites!!" - The Tick[/blue]

Does Inno Setup Downloads make installator about Visual Basic language or just Delphi ?

The compiler is written in Delphi, it will install anything you want it to including Vb apps, dependancy files, shortcuts, and create folders as well.

Matt

It's ask to drag an .nsi files, but my files is a .vbs ?

I try to make a installator with:
Inno Setup Compiler & Make NSISW but it's not working. When i try with "Inno Setup Compiler" this software ask me a .iss file to be able to make a installator but my files is a .vbs. It's the same thing with the software NSISW, it's ask me me a .nsi file.. !?

What's the problem !?

Inno and SuperPimp each make installers to install completely compiled code. Look at the docs for each. All that they will allow you to do is to distribute any files that your app needs and tweak regitry settings if need be. They do not integrate with Visual Studio in any way (AFAIK) and they don't use .vbs files. I am more familiar with SuperPimp than Inno, so I will speak to it.

The .nsi file is essentially a script that is then compiled into the actual install along with any files that you want included for your app. This will produce an exe that will install your app and do whatever you told the install to do in the .nsi file that you create. It sounds like you need to spend some time with the docs for whichever installer you want to work with.

[blue]"Well, once again my friend, we find that science is a two headed beast. One head is nice, it gives us aspirin and other modern conveniences,...but the other head of science is BAD! Oh, beware the other head of science, Arthur; it bites!!" - The Tick[/blue]

The iss file is a script file. copy this into the inno setup screen. You will also find a good help file if you look for it.
Code:
; Script generated by the Inno Setup Script Wizard.
; SEE THE DOCUMENTATION FOR DETAILS ON CREATING INNO SETUP SCRIPT FILES!

[Setup]
AppName=Your App Name
AppVerName=Your App Name and version
AppPublisher=Your Company
DefaultDirName={pf}\Your App Name
DisableDirPage=yes
DefaultGroupName=Your App Name
DisableProgramGroupPage=yes
Compression=lzma
SolidCompression=yes

[Tasks]
Name: "desktopicon"; Description: "{cm:CreateDesktopIcon}"; GroupDescription: "{cm:AdditionalIcons}"; Flags: unchecked

[Files]
Source: "Location of your exe"; DestDir: "{app}"; Flags: ignoreversion
Source: "location of your dependancy file"; DestDir: "{app}"; Flags: ignoreversion
; NOTE: Don't use "Flags: ignoreversion" on any shared system files

[Icons]
Name: "{group}\Your App Name"; Filename: "{app}\Your Executable.exe"
Name: "{userdesktop}\Your App Name"; Filename: "{app}\Your Executable.exe"; Tasks: desktopicon

[Run]
Filename: "{app}\Your Executable.exe"; Description: "{cm:LaunchProgram,Your Executable}"; Flags: nowait postinstall skipifsilent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back