Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unexpected Error 50003

Status
Not open for further replies.

gavinhuet

Programmer
Mar 23, 2003
GB
VB6 SP5, W2k & XP

We have done some extensive research into this error but have not been able to resolve it for our particular occurrance.
The documentation available points to GIF files and incorrectly registered DLL's and OCX's, and while the latter cannot be totally excluded I do not believe that they are the cause.
The application is being used all day by many users, there is one form that is the meat of the application, it is used to do the most work. The form will open up all day in its two guises - submit and amend an order.
Without warning after many hours of use the application will generate the 50003 error. We have trapped it and returned the line number, it fails right after it has loaded a new instance of the form and the order details are being passed into it.
As part of our application we create minidump files so we know exactly what DLLS etc are being accessed by our application when the crash occurs. All these files are correct versions and dates.

We have tried the following:
new install with all the necessary files (dll's, ocx's, runtimes);
new build of the application.
All to no avail.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

-- Gavin

Thanks petevick,

As I mentioned in my original post the only documentation available is regarding the GIF and incorrectly registered DLL's/OCX's.
We do not have a GIF in the application so we can pretty much rule that one out.

Any other suggestions out there?

-- Gavin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back