Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unexpected database engine shutdown, E5110

Status
Not open for further replies.

dydhda

Technical User
Mar 5, 2004
GB
I am running Arcserve 2000, SP4, which is now unsupported by CA so I am having difficulties resolving the following problem:

Each day, immediately as my GFS job finishes (7 or 8 seconds after the rescheduling of the job), I get the error:

E5110 The database is no longer available

The database engine shuts down and stops. It then needs to be started manually before any further jobs will run.

I can find no reference to this error code anywhere so if anyone has encountered it before or has any suggestions on what I can do to correct the problem their advice would be much appreciated.

ck the ARCserve temp directory when no jobs are running for files. If there are *.cat files run mergecat.exe. If there are any other files delete them.

Next run dbcheck to verify the integrity of the databases. Or if you don't care about the database just initilize all of them.

Do not inisilize all databases inisilize only astpsdat otherwise you will loose all GFS job info ,it is not nessary to inisilize all of then when encounter problem with database since the most growing database astpsdat is causing the backup to fail.

Thanks for the advice - I cleared the ARCserve temp directory and the problem now seems to be resolved. (I chose not to initialise the databases and kept the GFS information)

I have the same problem, i found the file but i don't understand the option i must take

someone can help me!?

dydhda, not sure what file you are talking about. Take a look at this faq it might help.
What are those files in the ARCserve\Temp directory? faq478-4059

davidmichel, I'm not sure which part you don't understand. Your advice;

"Check the ARCserve temp directory when no jobs are running for files. If there are *.cat files run mergecat.exe. If there are any other files delete them."

solved the problem. I deleted the contents of the ARCserve temp directory (there were no .cat files) and the database engine does not crash any more.

Many thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back