Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unexpected bluescreen almost every night

Status
Not open for further replies.

ENRG

IS-IT--Management
Aug 14, 2001
NO
I have a strange problem with one of my NT4 Server (with SP6), running on a Compaq Proliant 3000, Pentium3 600MHz.

It's running as an Oracle server, nothing else is running on it. Almost every night it bluescreens. It makes the Oracle server cranky, since it's not being shut down properly. (And it's making me cranky too :)

As I said, this happens almost every night, with maybe one night where it runs perfectly normal in between sometimes.

The Event log doesn't tell me much, just this:

"The Compaq System Management Driver has detected that the system encountered an NT bugcheck prior to this boot. The bugcheck data was: STOP: 0x0000000A (0x00000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x8010A974). "

Does anybody know what the reason may be?

Click on the my computer icon, and choose startup/shutdown.
Uncheck the box next to 'Automatically Reboot'. Tomorrow morning when you come in, the blue screen will still be up. record everything on it from the STOP error to the start of the physical dump.
Post that info and someone here will have had the same problem.

Hope this helps,

Corie

check the memory and other components using compaq management software. it can detect if there is any error with the hardware components

ajay

HI.

It could be related to a backup operation and devices.

Try to disable or reschedule the automatic backup just to see if it is related to the problem.

Recheck all SCSI related devices and software - hard disk, scsi adaptor, cables, (now check cables again!), scsi termination, replace scsi cables just to be sure, drivers for all devices, etc...

Check for other events using Event Viewer. Do you see other errors, maybe SCSI timeout?

Contact your hardware or Compaq support - ask for assistance.

Try using sone Compaq diagnostic tools from their web site and/or from the CDROM that came with the server (I'm not a Compaq expert so I don't know the exact tools to search for).

Yizhar Hurwitz

Thanks for the replies, I will try the suggestions you have made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back