Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unequipped TN 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mastrteqnician

Technical User
Jan 31, 2014
NO
Hi!

I listed out available TN's for my phone on the terminal, but when I try to change the TN I get the following message:

CS 1000
InvalidTN: (tn number)
Reason: Unquipped

What do I have to do to "equip" the TN? I'm new at this so please go easy on the terminology [pc3]

cind regards
me

A TN is a location that you could add something Too. As currently you have nothing setup it is new not chg. Download the admin input Output Guides, look at some of the basic admin guides on ghtrout, and maybe depending how much admin you are thinking of doing get on an admin course.

Thanks for the advice, I found some helpful guides. However, I can't seem to figure how to enable the TN. I'm using the ld 20 -> req -> ENLU [TN] command, but when I STAT afterwards it still says UNEQ. I'm clueless, please help [ponder]

cind regards
me

first you need to find a spare number for the DN then find a set to copy from...

to find a spare number

LD 20
req prt
type ludn ( list unused dn's)
cust 0
dn C/R
this will print all the spare numbers, choose one.. e.g 1234

then find a set to copy from this needs to be the same set type as the new one wants to be, 500 for analog 2616 for digital
prt the TNB of the set you want to copy from e.g dn 5678 on TNB 3 11 (digital set )

so now you can build the new set

LD 20
req cpy 1
type 2616
cftn 3 11
TN ( your new TN )
DN 1234

then go to LD 95 and add a name
LD 95
req new
type name
cust 0