Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Undo effect on saved project 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zodd

Technical User
May 5, 2005
US
Is there any way to undo an efect on a project that has been saved, closed, and reopened?

Zodd:

Out of several ways, here's one: Select the object and look at the appearance palette. You may have to segregate the exact path you need to work on, but then a line-item for the effect should appear, drag that to the trashcan.

This will only work if the effect is live (not expanded). If it's an expanded effect, you may have to try to come up with a way to select all the elements of the expanded object and deleting all of them.

HTH

Bert

Itchy, you always have an answer to my problems. I appreciate your time as I learn this new program. I am so used to Photoshop. This is a similar, yet so different world.

I am so damn impatient, that I just ended up redrawing the stroke path that had the effects on it. It took me about 15 minutes to do that, and that worked OK. However, what you told me to do took all of 10 seconds to accomplish. Funny. Some of the best lessons are learned the hard way I guess. I see what you have been saying about the appearance palette.

Thanks so much for your time. I believe someone should pay you to do this, as I see you on near every post.

Zodd

Well, I am glad you stay tuned. I check it out constantly since I discovered it. I suppose if you weren't around to answer my questions, I probably would look for another site. I will try to keep things busy on this board.Ha!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back