Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Undo, cut, copy greyed out

Status
Not open for further replies.

urbite

Technical User
Jul 9, 2021
US
I've been running SK98 for years, most recently on Win 7 & Win 10. On both of those platforms, the unduo, cut, and copy commands for editing contacts are greyed out, both in the Edit menu and in the right-click editing context popup menu. This is been the case for as long as I can remember, possibly even in Win XP/2000.

Not having an undo is the most pressing issue, as occasionally I start typing something only to realize my focus is on SK instead of the intended app, which will wipe out something in SK that is highlighted.

I have a licensed copy (still have the SK98 and SK99 CDs).

Any help is appreciated.

I've been using SK98 through various incarnations of Windows from 98,XP, 7 and now 10 Pro. I have never had any problems with Windows so I do not think that is the problem. Are you right clicking correctly? If you need to copy, cut a word/ phrase etc you need to select the whole word not just right click within it. eg if you want to cut, paste, edit "5 Millside Court" you need to select the whole or section (Millside) by highlighting not just right clicking within. Then the options will change from greyed out to selectable. Similarly if you want to copy the whole address for external programme you need to highlight all and then copy. (Right click /CTRL C also works)

Picture2_fqsboa.jpg

Dear Urbite

I imagine since you are a Technical User you are familiar with Karachow's suggestion, and you have no doubt tried Ctrl+C Ctrl+Z etc.

The only thing I might suggest, is that you re-install Sidekick, making sure that you install it in a folder on the root of the C Drive.

Regards
James33

Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of any Forum you are in for answers to similar queries, it could save you a lot of time and effort! Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back