Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Understanding primmgr file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kidcrash

Technical User
Mar 27, 2002
US
Can anyone explain the syntax of the primmgr file? Here is an example of what we have:

1 sampovo1-mgt.three.com.au
0 sampovo1-mgt.three.com.au
12 sampovo2-mgt.three.com.au

There is nothing in any of the HP Documents that explain this file. It would be useful to be able to interpret this with a customized tool to view the managed node for its definitions.

thanks in advance for your help.

Kidcrash

Mate, have a look for the presence of a file called "backup_server" in your "/etc/opt/OV/share/conf/OpC/mgmt_sv/respmgrs" directory. I don't have a primmgr file on my server, but I think that's because I don't have disaster recovery set up yet on my instance of HPOV. What I can offer is that perhaps the file is generated when you push your "backup_server" template to the management server. If so, than you might expect to find that the three servers listed in your primmgr file are also listed as failover servers in your "backup_server" template. There are two types of backupservers. Those that are desegnated secondary servers and those that are allowed to be secondary servers. I don't recall the value of the allowed secondary servers, but I do recall that it is very important to also list your primary as a seconday server or you won't be able to fail back to it. Honestly don't know if any of this will help, but would be interested to know it does. I used to live in Australia and I know how lonely HPOV engineers can feel over there.

Cheers,

Larry Moon

Thanks Larry for your help. Aussie land is great and the people are fantastic here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back