Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Understanding G430/G450 modes: active vs. passive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voice99

IS-IT--Management
Mar 20, 2014
US
Hi, just wanted to ask a couple questions about the G430 and G450 gateways. We're having them installed in several offices and I want to know how they interact w/the CM. So if we deploy a G430 w/LSP (S8300)at one of our small offices, dodes it sit mostly in a passive/standby mode?

I ask because my understanding is that these gateways just provide connectivity to the PBX and the CM does all the call processing, vectoring, etc. In the event that the G430 were to lose connectivity to the PBX, then it wakes up (becomes active), takes over and provides the call processing, phones register locally, etc.

Which leads me to a new question:

Does a G430 have the same physical resources as a larger G650 gateway? Where is the CLAN, Medpro and Val board? I can see the slot for an analog gateway but how does it provide the call signaling, audio resources and announcements that are provided by boards that sit on a larger gateway, say a G650?

The G650 is physically larger to support the legacy cards like Medpro's, CLAN,s and Vals. The G430 does those functions on its on internal board so that the Medpros and CLAN's are longer required. If adding a S8300 it can do the announcements/val function.

Thanks. I spoke to a field tech today that confirmed what you mentioned. Would love to see a pic of these devices, inside and out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back