Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

under login name it say you have 4 email messages..

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxerdave

Technical User
Aug 12, 2003
US
When I go to log in on Win XP Pro right inside my icon under my name it says I have email messages to read, but I don't have any email in outlook express my client.

I don't know where to look for these messages unless these are stored in a special plce.

It sure isn't my email client.

I have the messenger service shut off, so I it's not from there.

Try checking under Internet Explorer's options and see what email program you have set.(tools->internet options->programs tab->email) check whichever it has listed there. Another option is to get tweakui from microsoft and under the login option you can disable the email notification for the login screen. Hope that helps you.

-----
It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but it doesn't take any to sit there with a dumb look on your face.
I have fun. Usualy at my own expense, but I have fun regardless

I am quite sure that these are email messages in your hotmail / msn messenger account.. Do they correlate?

I don't use msn messenger, I do have a hotmail account but I haven't check that in weeks, to much spam.
I will check them though, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back