Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Under $100 printer fully compatible w/Terminal Services 2000 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkoh

IS-IT--Management
Dec 10, 2002
US
Any recommendations for a good quality ,less than a $100 printer that is fully compatible w/Terminal Services 2000? I've tried nearly all the lower-end lexmarks and they do not work...

You're probably gonna have better luck with an HP.

I'm Certifiable, not certified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

Hi
Epson Stylus C42UX (thats the model on sale in the UK ) works fine with TS. About the cheapest prnter on sale in UK at present.
The range of usable HP printers is very limited and none of the Lexmarks seem to work ( typical Lexmark).
Best of luck.... Johnsiddle

Thanks JohnSiddle, I'm going to go out and buy the printer now and install it for TS. Thanks!

Just found out that the C42UX is discontinued from the supplier we use and that the replacement is a C44UX we are just ordering one as I type for use at a clients site.
I will know for sure if it works in the next day or so if you can wait I will tell you the outcome.
I if it does'nt it will go back to Viking Direct.
Cheers John Siddle

i haven't found a printer yet that doesn't work under TS - but you have to install a non standard printer driver sometimes. Like most HP printers will work with a standard deskjet driver installed on the client etc.

Its a workaround, but it works!

The Epson is an ok printer and works on TS, but its v expensive on ink.

I've recently purchased and installed the Epson C42UX printer as recommended and there are no problems whatsoever. Driver installation was simple, and the rest was self-explanatory. Thanks for the tip!

My experience with a LaserJet 1100 and 1200SE does NOT work with TS. I've searched around in these forums that confirm my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back