Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Undeliverable Mail??

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbys9

MIS
Apr 24, 2002
US
Can anyone help with this one? The superintendent sent an email to the global list. Afew came back as undeliverable. Here is the explanation of the return:

552 REQUESTED MAIL ACTION ABORTED: HEADERS EXCEED 32K BYTES OR RECORD TOO LONG

What does this mean? Thanks.

How many people in the list. There is a limit to the amount of email addresses you can send to in one Email.

PeteO
Those that were aborted were random alphabetically--only 4 out of 1400. Could it be a mail client setting, wherein the server recognizes it and sends the abort message?

rathcoffey, the url seems to be promising. Will check out the patch.

Thanks, both

Best of luck...Let me know if all goes well 'A world without donuts is like a donut without a hole.......wait that would mean more donut! I'm a Genius' Homer Simpson

Thanks for help. Found that those who had undeliverable mail were those that also have had their personal email set up on our eXchange server. When the distribution list message failed on the external mail host, the message was not sent to the Exchange server mailbox. Issue resolved.

Pete0 - Can you tell me what the limit is onnumber of e-mail addresses in one e-mail and any fixes\workarounds. thanks

Gaz123,

Not sure what the limit is. Most likely dependant on the hardware. I have a hefty server running my exchange server, and have about 1400 recipients in my GAL. Hop that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back