Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Undeliverable Mail....... 5.1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdgman500

Technical User
Dec 8, 2003
US
User Name on 11/8/2004 10:24 AM
The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address.
<mail.domain.com #5.1.1>

I've added 2 new users via AD and of course in the process AD creates the mailboxes in E2K3. As we try to email the 2 new users,I get a Undeliverable Mail return along with the error description above. I'm at whits end. All previous users work correctly, the two new users show up in the First Storage group along with all previous users. In outlook you can type the full name it it underlines the name so it knows the email address.

Any suggestions to check? Thanks for any and all help/advice.
Shane

I had same problem when I first migrated from 5.5 over to 2003. Recipient Update Services was the culprit. I ended up adding a new Recipient Update Service for each domain controller I have, particularly the Global Catalog servers.
Then when adding a new user, send an email to that address. Once the mailbox receives the email, the address will appear in the GLobal Address List and all the appropriate permissions get stamped onto that mailbox.

Atch

Funny thing is, this had been working for quite some time. Added new users, deleted old users and such.
Only thing that I can think of that I changed is my Spam Detection in Symantec Secuirty for Exchange. I turned it up to hopefully slow down some spam entering our company. Really can't see how that should affect my 2 new users getting internal email!!

I have two Recipient Update Services(domain) and Recipient Update Services(Enterprise Configuration). Do I need both? You are thinking I should add another Recipient Update Services(domain) pointing to another global server in my network??

Thanks for taking the time to help.
Shane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back