Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Undeliverable emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabylonDrifter

IS-IT--Management
Oct 10, 2001
US
Hi,

I have recently converted to Exchange 2000 and users report the error below. It seems to happen when users are sending to lots of people through their contact list. Most of the messages go through. But the users get a Undeliverable report from the server on the users that failed. Do you think this is a corruption of the contact list when they were converted from 5.5 to 2000 or is it something else? Our email seems to be working fine otherwise. Clients are win XP pro.

Any sugestions ???

Thanks

Charles

error message:

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: Conference Call to Discuss Testimony Participation for the April 2nd Prompt Pay Hearing
Sent: 3/19/2002 3:16 PM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

Kathy Hutto (khutto@qqq.com) on 3/19/2002 3:16 PM
The format of the e-mail address is incorrect. Check the address, look up the recipient in the Address Book, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address.
<dopey.zzz.org #5.1.3>

Hello
I have just carried out an upgrade similar to yours at my organisation. i found out thet when u upgrade to exchange 2000 some of the names in the GAl do not have any email addresses associated to them. You can find out by sending an email to one of the addresses that was undeliverable. In the sent items folder, open the messages you just send and right click on the cotact name. Click properties and then click the email tab. You will find out that email address box is empty. I dont know what causes this but you can overcome this by asking you users to fill out the full email address (user@mydomain.com)when sending email to affected users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back